Potential weapons are all around us. Be aware of objects in your surroundings and their possible usage as a defensive weapon for yourself or as an offensive weapon that may be used by an attacker. Following are some potential weapons that may be found in our everyday surroundings:
- Ash Tray: used as a striking weapon or the contents may be thrown into the face of an attacker.
- Coat: throw as a distraction, use for choking, use to wrap around attackers arms or legs, use as a cloak to ward off attacks, or wrap around arm to fend off knife attacks.
- Drink, throw it into attacker's eyes.
- Pool Cues: best used for thrusting attacks or defending. Pool balls may also be used.
- Napkin holders, Salt & Pepper Shakers, Sugar bowls, etc. use for clubbing or throw contents into attacker's face.