- Best Weapon for Self-Defense
- May you legally carry the weapon?
- May the weapon be deployed quickly?
- May the weapon be used effectively?
- Are you capable of using the weapon effectively?
- Will the weapon’s effect be fast enough?
- Will you have the will to use the weapon?
- What if the attacker takes the weapon?
- Knives as self-defense weapons
- Firearms as self-defense weapons
- Best firearms for self-defense
- Best firearms for home defense
- All Pages
Knives as self-defense weapons
Fighting knifes are difficult and dangerous to use; it is easy to cut yourself while using them. The effects of their use are messy; there will be a lot of shredded clothing, blood, and gory wounds. The aftermath of their use will be revolting. To the public eye, you will be viewed negatively even if you were justified in your actions. This may be a problem if you face a jury.
Choosing the best knife is even more a personal choice than choosing the best firearm. There are so many types and sizes of knives that the best one for you is usually the one you are most comfortable carrying and using. Some basic characteristic of a good self-defense knife are:
- Legal to carry.
- Easily deployed.
- Easily concealed.
- Quality steel blade.
- Strong, stiff construction.
- For a folding knife, it must have a blade lock.
- Easy to hold ambidextrous grip.
- Tang is desired.
- Single or double-edged blade.
- Blade that is long enough to penetrate to vital organs, 6 or 7 inches.