- Best Weapon for Self-Defense
- May you legally carry the weapon?
- May the weapon be deployed quickly?
- May the weapon be used effectively?
- Are you capable of using the weapon effectively?
- Will the weapon’s effect be fast enough?
- Will you have the will to use the weapon?
- What if the attacker takes the weapon?
- Knives as self-defense weapons
- Firearms as self-defense weapons
- Best firearms for self-defense
- Best firearms for home defense
- All Pages
Will you have the will to use the weapon?
Having weapon and being able to use it effectively is different than having the will to use it. Knowing how to use a knife is different than actually having to thrust it into a person. The slightest hesitation on your part could mean the difference between your life and death. Along with developing the skills needed to use a weapon, you must also develop the willingness to use it when the time comes, and the willingness to face the consequences of having used it, such as criminal charges or lawsuits, collateral damage, or emotional problems for the rest of your life.