- Best Weapon for Self-Defense
- May you legally carry the weapon?
- May the weapon be deployed quickly?
- May the weapon be used effectively?
- Are you capable of using the weapon effectively?
- Will the weapon’s effect be fast enough?
- Will you have the will to use the weapon?
- What if the attacker takes the weapon?
- Knives as self-defense weapons
- Firearms as self-defense weapons
- Best firearms for self-defense
- Best firearms for home defense
- All Pages
May the weapon be deployed quickly?
For a weapon to be effective, you must be able to deploy it quickly. If a weapon cannot be deployed easily, such as with a folding knife, then it would not be very effective for self-defense. Some say, “Any weapon is better than none at all,” but this is not necessarily true. It is better to have your hands and attention free to use for self-defense than it is to have them tied up fumbling to get a weapon deployed.