Most all martial arts use belts to signify students' progression through the ranks. If you tell people you are a martial artist, their first question will be "What belt do you have?" Everyone is of aware of the martial art belt system, but how meaningful is a martial art rank?
- To people in your school, it is very meaningful.
- To people in your organization, it is meaningful.
- To people in other schools and organizations within your art, it is somewhat meaningful.
- To people in schools or organizations of other martial arts, it is practically meaningless.
- To the general public, it is only meaningful if they consider it meaningful, otherwise it is meaningless to them.
- Next >>