Procedures to follow before, during, and after class.
The following should be accomplished in preparation for class:
- Bathe or otherwise ensure you are clean and fresh before entering the school.
- Ensure you have the proper uniform with you, that it is clean, in good repair, has all its required accouterments sewn on it, and is pressed, if required. This includes your belt!
- Ensure you have all your required equipment with you, that each item has your identifying marks on it, all items are in good repair, and all items are clean. This includes sparring equipment, protective equipment, hand targets, manuals, re-breakable boards, notebook, pen, etc.
- Bring water bottle, if needed. Bring towel, soap, change of clothes, etc. as required.
- Leave jewelry at home since it cannot be worn during class. Leave other unnecessary items at home or in your vehicle.
- Leave in time to arrive at the school in time to be ready to start class at least 5 minutes before class starting time.
The following are procedures that should be followed once you have arrived at the school. They are general procedures that may differ in each school depending on the organization with which the school is affiliated, and the head instructor's preferences. Each school will also have a protocol (guidelines for etiquette and behavior) that must be observed while in the school.
- Next >>