Page 12 of 12
To make a proper palm heel:
- Hold arm straight out in front of the body with hand held flat (palm down) with fingers straight and together with thumb sticking out.
- Slightly bend fingers and arch the palm backward.
- Bend thumb and keep it tucked close to the hand.
- Bend hand backward at the wrist so that the base of the palm in line is pointing toward the target.
The point of impact is the inside base of the palm. Usually used in an upward or forward motion.
Benefits of palm heel strike:
- May be delivered very quickly.
- May delivered without telegraphing.
- Close to its intended target.
- May be delivered from almost any hand position.
- May be used as a "first strike", fighting technique, to stun your attacker and then follow up with other techniques.
- May be used as a finishing technique, after your attacker is slowed up or stunned.
- Easy to hit a target using this fighting technique, even when under the duress.
- << Prev