Page 3 of 6
Punches are attacks that use a closed fist.
- The fist may be positioned vertically, horizontally, or anywhere in between.
- Usually the striking surface is the first two knuckles but all four knuckles may be used.
- Techniques include jab, cross, hook, and uppercut.
- Usually delivered in a linear or hooking motion.
- A punch may be a single power punch or a series of punches where the back and forth action-reaction movement transfers power from the retracting arm to the punching arm.
- Punches are usually targeted to the face or upper torso.