Page 2 of 3
- Arm should be fully extended and locked into the punch for power transfer.
- Elbow should not be locked to prevent injury.
- Fist should move first with the elbow directed behind it for power.
- Elbow should move toward the target first and then whip the fist outward for speed and power.
- Some lunge the shoulders forward with a punch; others do not.
- Chamber fist at hip.
- Chamber fist high beside ribs.
- Hip snaps into punch.
- Rear heel lifts and then drops into punch (knee spring or winding).
- Side thrust kick (piercing)
- Kicking foot should be horizontal to the floor.
- Kicking foot should have the toes pointed toward the floor.
- Side snap kick
- Some teach it, others do not. I was once severely chastised by a Korean master for using it while sparring. He said Taekwondo does not have a side snap kick, only a side thrust kick.