Page 2 of 5
Side Fall (rocking motion)
Now practice on both sides by rocking the body from side to side. From the final position on one side:
- Roll onto the back with the head facing up.
- Simultaneously lift the legs into the air, knees bend, with the feet about 12-inches apart.
- Simultaneously lift the arms into a guarding position with tight fists.
- Move the slapping leg and other leg into slapping position.
- Simultaneously cross the arms to the shoulders with the slapping arm on top.
- Roll over to the other side simultaneously slapping the arm and legs into final position with a kiai.
- Repeat the roll to the other side.
- Repeat the rolls back and forth until the movements become smooth and powerful.