Page 2 of 7
Characteristics of high self-esteem
- I believe I am important.
- I believe that the world is better because I am in it.
- I have confidence in myself and my abilities.
- I am able to ask for help.
- I trust my decisions.
- I believe that I am my own best resource.
Characteristics of low-self esteem
- I do not think I am important.
- I expect to be cheated and discounted by others.
- I do not trust others.
- Other people do not like me.
- I feel lonely and isolated.
- I am not interested in myself, or other people around me.