Pilsung (certain victory) is a phrase used by many Taekwondo fighters to express their expectations when competing. However, victory requires more than making a statement; it takes commitment. Just because you win, it does not mean you are victorious. Victory is much more than winning. To help insure victory, practice the following:
- Train your body. Use weight training, plyometrics, aerobic activities, proper diet, and sufficient rest to keep you body in top condition. Stay drug free.
- Train your mind. Keep learning new things, tackle new challenges, develop discipline and self-control, and learn to concentrate on the task at hand. Stay drug free.
- Control your emotions. Do not let your fear, anxiety, and uncertainty control your thoughts. Channel your thoughts into the 3 C's of Conviction, Courage, and Confidence.
- Maintain your spirit. Be empowered by your religious beliefs.
- Find the "zone." When you are "on" and the "zone," learn to recognize the status your mental, physical, and emotional states and your spiritual energy at that moment so you may duplicate them when the need arises.
- Next >>