Many statements have been made about winning, such as:
- It is not whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game.
- Losing is not an option.
- Losing is a part of the game.
- Winning isn’t everything, it’s the only thing. -Red Sanders
- Let me win, but if I cannot win, let me be brave in the attempt. - Special Olympics
- If winning isn't everything, then why do they keep score? - Vince Lombardi
- There is no substitute for victory. -Douglas MacArthur
- If you're not going to play to win, you might as well hold the Olympics in someone's backyard. - Jesse Owens
- Why did I want to win? because I didn't want to lose! -Max Schmelling
One of the most important statements to remember about winning is that:
For there to be a winner, there must also be a loser. In any type of competition, to have a winner, some one has got to lose. When you are the winner, always remember what it was like when you were the loser, and treat the loser the way you wanted to be treated when you were the loser.