Page 5 of 9
Arm Jam. To stop an attack in its tracks, to prevent an attack from forming, or to keep the attacker away from you, jam the attacker with your arm. To use an arm jam:
- Push the attacker with the palm of one hand while your other hand grasps the palm’s wrist to brace it and add strength to the pushing arm.
- The forearm of the grabbing hand acts as a block against any hand attack.
- Bend forward at the waist to add power to the push and to keep the body away from kicks.
- Tuck the head to protect it from hand attacks.
- Push against the attacker’s head, throat, or body to keep the attacker away. Push against a shoulder to prevent that arm from punching.