Page 3 of 6
Actions to take when facing multiple attackers
- When in doubt as to who the leader is, neutralize the person behind you.
- Hurt an attacker but leave him or her standing so you can use him or her against the others or as a shield.
- Position yourself to use an attacker as a shield. Use an attacker as a weapon. Put attackers in each other's way.
- Use your environment, such as objects as weapons or obstacles
- Strike and kick the person you are not looking at.
- Use compact, short, choppy strikes while moving instead of wide sweeping motions while stationary.
- Keep kicks low and execute while moving. Retract them quickly. Use kicks to keep opponents at a distance
- Do more than one thing at a time. For example, kick one attacker as you strike another or push one into another as you kick a third.
- Move fluidly, but erratically. Do not be predictable.
- Keep a low center of gravity.