Page 5 of 5
- Do not leave your bike in isolated places.
- Lock it, even if it is only for a minute.
- Mark it with identifying marks. Most police stations will do it for you
- Stay with your friends when possible and do not use dark short cuts.
- Always make sure someone knows where you are!
- Try to look relaxed, but at the same time be thoughtful about where you are. Pickpockets like busy streets and crowded places; someone bumping in to you may be a pickpocket.
- If something is stolen or you are accosted, go to the nearest police station or call the police.