Page 4 of 12
Things to Teach your Children
Tell all children:
- Never say you are along when answering the phone; offer to take a message or say your parents will phone back.
- Never answer the door if a parent is not home.
- Do not invite anyone into the house without the permission of a parent or babysitter.
- Never go into anyone's house with letting parent or babysitter know where you are.
- Do not get into anyone's car without parent's permission.
- Do not take candy or other gifts from strangers or anyone else with asking a parent first.
- Never play in deserted buildings or isolated areas.
- Move away from a car that pulls up beside you if you do not know the driver.