Page 1 of 3
Red dot indicates center of mass
The parallel ready stance is the traditonal ready stance. It is similar to the military "parade rest" position. It is a relaxed, but alert and ready, stance used to rest and await further orders.
- Stance Width. 1 shoulder width.
- Stance Depth. Zero.
- Front/Back Foot Position. Both feet pointed straight ahead.
- Leg Positions. Knees slightly bent.
- Shoulder Position. Perpendicular to opponent.
- Hip Position. Parallel with shoulders.
- Weight Distribution. 50% each foot.
- Center of Mass. Centered between feet