Page 3 of 4
Principles of Offense
- Keep all points of the aggressor under attack, but attack with great force at only one point. Even if you are in control of the fight, only attack only one point with great force. Attack a point whose defeat will give you the greatest advantage.
- Work an opponent around to cut off his or her line of retreat.
- Keep up attack until you achieve your purpose. Your chief aim is to drive the enemy from the field of battle.
- Your best weapon is a surprise attack.
Use of Terrain
- Use terrain to hamper your opponent's approach.
- Use terrain to provide cover or to protect your flanks, but leave an escape route.