Post a big sign in front of your school that reads "SUMMER MARTIAL ARTS ONLY $99! INCLUDES 6 WEEKS and A UNIFORM!" Make sure this sign is easy to read, bold letters and is at a place cars that drive by can easily see.
Run a contest for the person who had the most classes over the summer months. The winner receives a prize such as $150.00 of school merchandise. Everyone wins; even the students who do not win a prize gain from the extra efforts to have good attendance (make sure you stress this to the students).
Use Business Cards
- Keep card simple: school name and logo, school address, what the school offers, owner name and title, and school phone number, E-mail address, and internet address.
- Give a card to everyone who comes in the door.
- Give students a few cards so they can give them to friends.
- Give a card to any person with which you do business.
- Tell each person to whom you give a card to give you a call if they, or their children, ever decide to take Taekwondo lessons.
Free introductory lessons should be an exception not a rule. Most people know the free lesson is only a ruse to get them in so they can be hit with a sales presentation. Instead of advertising free lessons, use the free lesson as a deal maker for a reluctant customer by telling them “How about I give you a free introductory lesson before you make up your mind” and then write “Good for free trial lesson” on back of a business card and sign it. This personal offer may bring them back. Tell them that if they decide not to use the card to give it to a friend to use.