Page 14 of 16
Anything used in an demonstration to illustrate the actual nature of the martial arts brings the potential student closer to being an actual enrolled student. Demonstrations are excellent for this purpose, but they must be well organized.
- Try any potential source of students: boy and Girl Scout troops, youth organizations, garden clubs, lions clubs, booster clubs, senior citizen groups, business associations, or any other suitable audience.
- Perform a demo at local mall, at local schools, during community events, or at local fair.
- Have uniformed students march in local parades.
- Set up a demo as a fundraiser for a local charity. The charity will probably be able to arrange to have a local celebrity at the event and even get it in the newspaper and on the local news.
- Arrange for plenty of seats and have a snack bar to sell refreshments.
- Set up display tables that show the history of Taekwondo, sell martial arts supplies, and have a display about your school.
- Have someone do enrollments on the spot.