Page 2 of 2
To reprimand students
Tell them beforehand that you are going to let them know how they are doing and in no uncertain terms
First Half of the Reprimand:
- Reprimand them immediately.
- Tell them what they did wrong—be specific. Tell them how you feel about what they did wrong and express your disappointment in no uncertain terms.
- Stop for a few seconds of uncomfortable silence to let them "feel" how you feel.
Second Half of the Reprimand:
- Shake hands or touch them in a way that lets them know you are honestly on their side.
- Remind them how much you value them.
- Reaffirm that you think well of them but not of their behavior in this situation.
Remember, when the reprimand is over, IT'S OVER.
- << Prev